11 FOOD EFFECT FRIENDLY WRAPS
I absolutely love a deliciously loaded wrap for a meal. I find it so much more satisfying than a salad (which I’m here to tell you, is NOT what you need to be eating if you’re looking to lose weight or stay slim & healthy!)
Wraps are a perfect way to get in the winning combo of protein, fibre, veggies, and some healthy fats into one quick and easy meal!
During my pregnancy, I CRAVED wraps and came up with a number of different super healthy, delicious and satisfying fillings (that I’ve continued to enjoy well beyond giving birth!)
These are all staple meals in #TheFoodEffect house, so I thought I’d share some ideas, all of which take just minutes to prepare! They are all either pescatarian or vegan, but you could easily replace the tuna or salmon with chicken if you eat meat, or if you’re vegan, sub out the fish or eggs for tofu (tofu scramble would be delish!)
In terms of the actual wraps – I use either regular wholewheat wraps or BFree Sweet Potato wraps, which I recently discovered and love! They are much lower in calories, so you could even have two! 😉
Let me know if you try any of these…
1) Hummus, Spinach Leaves, Chopped Tomatoes, Cucumber, Avocado – topped with Nutritional Yeast & Sriracha
2) Tinned Tuna with Mayonnaise, Mustard, Spinach, Tomatoes, Avocado – salt & pepper
3) Egg Mayonnaise, Fresh Spinach Leaves, Cucumber, Ranch Dressing
4) Hummus, Falafel, Fresh Spinach Leaves, Cucumber, Sriracha, Ranch Dressing
5) Guacamole, Red Kidney Beans mixed with Spicy Mayo, Chopped Tomato & Garlic Powder
6) Tuna Mayonnaise, Sweetcorn, Mustard, Fresh Spinach Leaves, Ketchup or Sriracha
7) Beetroot Falafel, Mustard, Fresh Spinach Leaves, Hummus, Ketchup or Sriracha
8) Mashed Avo/ Guacamole, Egg Mayonnaise, Chopped Tomato, Sriracha, salt & pepper
9) Assorted Roasted Veggies & Hummus – be generous with the hummus here! You want it THICK & covering the whole wrap….
I rolled it pinwheel style and cut it into slices, like the picture below…
10) Tinned Salmon mixed with Mayonnaise & Ketchup, Fresh Spinach, Tomatoes, Avocado – salt & pepper
11) Dijon Mustard, Cottage Cheese, Chopped Tomatoes, a drizzled of soya sauce or balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper (not the prettiest but oh so delish!)
I hope you enjoy some of these ideas! Let me know if you try any, or what your favourite wrap filling is. xx
Comments are closed.